Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ahhhhh!

I ran away from home for a while today and headed to the beach. More amazing, short sleeve wearing, weather! I won't bore you with duplicate details from my last beach experience, I'll just tell you what was different with today's trip.  I took the binoculars with me today but unfortunately there were no whale or dolphin to spot.  I did get to enjoy a pod of seal traveling by and some very playful otter. A truly beautiful and majestic day! I met a stranger, who then was no longer a stranger, and he, Noey, took my picture for me to post (see above). I once again came away being relaxed and refreshed as only the ocean can do. I had a great Mexican food lunch at The Whole Enchilada just before the beach.  I always order the same thing there so, if I get one of the regular waitresses, I don't even need to order out loud ... they already know what I want.... yummy cheese enchiladas with rice & beans and the chips & salsa are the best! And guess what? I get Mexican food again tonight as I'm meeting with my posse (close friends & family) for dinner tonight.  I can do this all week but maybe I'll get the chicken tacos tonight to change things up a bit. I promise to get to church tomorrow (and now that it's written, so it shall be done) because mass will end well before the first playoff game starts! Sad but true ... I have to squeeze in church during football season.  My Pittsburgh Steelers are 1 of 4 teams left and if we beat the Jets tomorrow then we go to another Superbowl!!!!! Yay!! I have friends coming over to watch the game with me but the excitement level can makes things a bit scary.  For example, last weekend we won at the last minute, as usual ... boy this team is a heart-attack waiting to happen, and both myself and a friend of mine leaped from my coach at the same time and she was swinging her arms back in jubilation just as I was lunging forward and WHACK!  The back of her arm smacked me across the face. I do recall seeing some stars and just think what she might have done to me if she was rooting for the opposing team? My glasses are still a bit misaligned but the mark on my nose is hardly noticeable now. Ahhhh.... good times!  Anyway, wish me luck, both physically and with my team too.  GO STEELERS!!  This is all part of that self-pampering stuff I was telling you about before, believe it or not.  The "feel good" stuff. Good food, football & friends, my ocean fix, the hour long deep tissue massage I had last weekend and yes, even the tattoo - are all self-pampering for me. I'm taking care of myself .... my way.  What about you?  You can't be much good for anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first. Just do it! You'll thank yourself later :)