Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Second Chances

I feel like I have come full circle, wrestled all my demons and evolved into this new skin I'm in. I've reconciled my doubt and stared down the face of my fears. I hold no regrets ... none that are large enough to mention. I carry no guilt or shame. I feel like a brand new person with a brand new life ahead of me. I've reconciled most, if not all, of the feelings that lingered from my prior life. I feel great! I feel eager to explore the adventures that lay before me. I take each new step with hope and excitement .... leaps and bounds of faith. Those who wish to travel this uncharted road with me are more than welcome to. Those who don't wish to join me, need to step out of my way. I will not let anyone or anything hinder my progress. I will climb over, veer around, tunnel under and quite possibly bore right through the obstacles. There's no stopping me now! To quote Chaka Khan: "I'm every woman, it's all in me"! This is my second chance at life (as a mature adult anyway).  This is my second chance with true love (now that I know what that is). Second chances do not imply that there will ever be a third or fourth chance.  A second chance, may actually be your final chance .... so, don't even think of waisting it. Grab on, hold tight, and don't let go until this life has come to a complete stop. I plan to ride this second chance until there is no breath left in me. I'm taking it all the way .... with all that I've got.

My mother-in-law, Sue's Mom, is losing her own battle with cancer right now.  Seeing her recently has reminded me of one of her prior hospital stays. I visited her as she was getting ready to go into surgery and she, I guess, felt that she would not survive it when she asked me if I had any message that she could pass on to Sue. I assured her that I had no message for Sue. I made it clear that Sue and I had never left anything unsaid. We always told each other how we felt about each other, every chance we had.