Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Change

Listening to Sista Monica sing Ella's song "Change" the other night got me thinking of some big changes that are happening to me at this time. Changes that I'm ready for but wasn't quite expecting.

I was asked by a friend not too long ago (in a very loving way), that if I were to become involved with someone new, what was I going to do with the Sue pictures around the house?  Well, that was a very good question. At the time I said, "When the time comes that someone new has filled my heart, then I would have to respectfully put those photos away. But until that happens, those photos are the only relationship that I have." Well, now I seem to have become significantly impacted by someone very special. I think it's time for me to re-evaluate those photos. I'm definitely keeping the family photo of all of us at Jason's house .... that's a keeper! And maybe one on the fridge? This, in no way means that I'm getting rid of Sue. She will always be with me. She is part of me. She's all that's good about me and I refuse to separate from that. This new person in my life will hopefully understand and accept that. Change ... it's strange and sometimes necessary. It's exciting and a bit scary. I am at a place now, where I welcome this adventure with open arms. Wish me luck!    www.sistamonica.com/