Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Pittsburgh Steeler's


I can't help but brag and take much of the credit for my Pittsburgh Steeler's being in the Superbowl, again!  I say "take credit" because I work very hard for my team. They exhaust me. Sometimes I feel that I've physically made each and every play myself.  For example:  I hang my Steeler flag out in front of the house every game day.  And although I have several Steeler apparel items, superstition dictates that I wear the same shirt every game day, because it helps them win.  I yell at the referees, players and coaches through my TV.  I turn up my surround sound speakers. I swing my terrible towel.  I sweat, pray, agonize, cross my fingers, and near cardiac arrest all for the sake of my team. I ignore house guests. I scare away kids on Halloween. I skip church. I'm a very dedicated and interactive fan. I have to tell them what to do, and what not to do, on each and every down. They don't always listen to me, thus the 4 losses in their 12-4 record this year. But here we are again .... in the Superbowl. I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't believe that my team was absolutely, positively, going to kick some cheese-head wearing Packer butt this Sunday, Feb. 6th, 2011. This will be Pittsburgh's eighth Superbowl appearance and we are the only NFL team to have won 6 Superbowl titles. No other team has that many Superbowl wins and maybe this Sunday, we can add a 7th! Lucky number 7! Time to call on all my faith again. Go Pittsburgh!!!!