Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy V.D.!

Happy Valentine's Day!


I wish true love for those that haven't found it yet.  I wish for those who are in love, to show it everyday, so your partner never has any doubt about it. I wish for the resurgence of romance and chivalry. I wish there were more same-sex Valentine cards. I wish the chocolates that I eat, to support this holiday, wouldn't stick to my hips.

Valentine's Day was a big deal for Sue. Her favorite candy was Reese's peanut butter cups. I remember one year I bought a case of Reese's candy and spelled out "I Love You" in peanut butter cups! That was hard to top, but another year VD came shortly after an earthquake, so I went to the local Red Cross and bought their huge, bright red backpack filled with emergency supplies.  Hey, nothing really says I love you, quite like a family size first aid kit. Dare to be different! Think outside the box ..... it's fun!

For the record: I am very happy to report that I have a Valentine sweetie this year! Yay for me!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
XOXOXO