Thursday, November 18, 2010

12lbs. of Tears

The things I thought I couldn’t do – I did.
The pain that I chose not to share – I hid.
The worst has come of all my fears
And it’s only been 4 months and 12lbs. of tears

The sneaky grief attacks still taunt me
The “what if’s” and “should’ve’s” still haunt me
Maybe someday they’ll disappear
But it’s only been 4 months and 12lbs. of tears

I don’t know what will become of me
This new life without the better part of me
Maybe my prayers He will someday hear
But it’s only been 4 months and 12 lbs. of tears

And the beat goes on or that’s what they say
The clock keeps ticking and I’m getting through the day
But the pain is always under a thin veneer
‘Cause it’s only been 4 months and 12lbs. of tears


(Written 11-26-09)  I assumed the weight that I had lost shortly after Sue passed away was from the amount of tears I had cried.