Thursday, November 18, 2010

Answered Prayers


When I was lost in the darkness
She took my hand, showed me the light
That led my path and walked beside me ‘til the end.
And I was the answer to her prayer.

She eased me when I was troubled.
She calmed me while I was in mid-roar
And carried me when I couldn’t go on anymore.

She believed in me and taught me to believe in myself.
She loved me so then I began to love myself.
She inspired me and gave me hope
That my dreams would come true - and they did.
And I was the answer to her prayer

She laughed and cried with me.
She rocked and rolled with me.
She took me to places unreal with beauty
And no minute was ever wasted.
And she took me to the highest of highs
And I soaked in pools of bliss.
Then she took me to the depths of despair
When she rose to the heavens, I fell to my knees.
And I was the answer to her prayer,
Or was she the answer to mine?


(written 11-28-09)  Sue always said that she prayed for me and there I was - the answer to her prayer. Ditto babe!