Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Acts

So, I ask you. Have you done any random acts of kindness today?  Have you paid it forward lately?  What are you waiting for?  Just do it...and then keep on doing it. Once is not enough.

Here is an example of a random act of kindness that I received (in greeting card form) not too long ago from a complete stranger across the country who happened to take the time to read a year old, discarded obituary that wrapped some flowers. (My imagination says they were Sunflowers)

8-18-10, D. Nutley from High Falls, New York writes:

"Oddly, I've never met Sue. You see I'm a florist and flowers are shipped to my shop from around the world - often wrapped in newspaper from the locals where they are grown and packed. So today I opened a box of flowers and was greeted by Sue's smile and the happy loving story of her life and the sad news that she is no longer here. I want you to know that she still touches people and that I'm happy to know that there are or were people like Sue. You are lucky to have had her. I hope this reaches you and that you all have the strength to continue her good work."

PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS KIND FLORISTS WEBSITE  http://www.visitvortex.com/Green_Cottage
http://www.thegreencottage.com/