Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Beach of a Day!

Today I spent the day at the beach. The sun woke and the fog broke about 15 minutes before I got there. I knew it was going to be a good day! Now, let's see if I can explain what the beach means to me. First of all, the sights are never ending and ever changing and I witness it all from my comfy folding chair with footrest. The weather was so nice that I was quickly down to my short sleeve shirt (and pants of course)! I saw surfers, kayakers, people walking their dogs, people fishing and people on horseback (which is better than horses on peopleback).  Sail boats and fishing boats helps to fill the frame. The roar and crash of the waves, the blue of the sky and ocean, sand and shells under foot, nosey seal gives me a look. There were otter, gulls, pelicans and sandpipers. The wind in my hair, the sun on my face, the mist like a kiss on my cheek. I feel so far from home, bills and responsibilities and I'm quite thankful for no cell phone service too. It's so beautiful, peaceful and tranquil here. It surrounds me and grounds me and puts me in my place. Sundays like this make it okay to skip church and yes, even football. God is here. Sue is here. Needless to say, I'm in good company. I'm by myself but not alone. Then; when you think it can't get any better than this, I walk about 40 yards to Phil's Fish Market behind me. I order my charbroiled salmon with rice and salad for lunch and a slice of chocolate mousse (heaven) for dessert...... TO GO! Now, I'm back having my yummy lunch on the beach with all this beauty and nature around me. True California dreaming! I'm revived, rejuvenated, renewed, released and at peace. I'm full in my tummy and fulfilled in my soul. I could sum up the entire day with these three letters: WOW!

(photo taken 12-12-10)